SharePoint 2013 is the hot topic now in the SharePoint world. It was released with lot of new features and some of the features are extended and some of them are depreciated. Here I’ll come up with an idea to cover most of the features from SharePoint 2013 in my coming blog posts.
Today I will update the new feature introduced in the latest version to Index the List / Library.
ReIndex List / Library
Now the Latest version provides the facility to re indexing the List. This will be used to index all the contents in a specified List or Library.
We can achive this from following paths,
List -> List Settings -> Advanced Settings
- Navigate to the List / Library in which you want to re-index the Contents.
- From the Ribbon, click the List Settings button to navigate to the List Settings Page.
- From this page, click on Advanced Settings Link
- In Advanced Settings Page, go to Reindex List for Lists, Reindex Document Library for Libraries.
- From that, click the Reindex List button (for List) or Reindex Document Library button(for Library) to intiate the indexing for the List.
- It will ask for the confirmation, Click Reindex List or Reindex Document Library to re-crawl all the List Items.
During the next crawl schedule, the search service will index all the contents from the List.
For List, the button value is Reindex List
For Library, the button value is Reindex Document Library
April 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM
You can do it by API and also for whole web (all items in all lists). Here is more information:
January 31, 2014 at 12:08 AM
After Reindex list also, list level search is showing with no results, how to achieve this.?