Office Dev Center just posted the link Announcing Responsive UI Package for SharePoint on-premises (2013 and 2016) that says the PnP team released the ui package for enabling the responsiveness in SharePoint on-premise environment.
Here I’m summarize the points added in that post,
- The package supports only SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016 on-premise environment. Not less than SharePoint 2010.
- Supports three type of rendering models
- Desktop: screen width above 768px
- Tablet: screen width between 481px and 768px
- SmartPhone: screen width lower than or eual to 480px
- Supports OOTB master pages
- Responsive UI is applied to following page in root site or any subsite
- Home Page
- Web Part Pages
- Wiki Pages
- Document Libraries
- Site Contents
- Site Settings
- Responsive package in the PnP-Tools GitHub repository: – Includes detailed step-by-step setup instructions and other details for using this in your deployment in the readme file.
- PnP PowerShell CommandLets: Open source extension CmdLets to automate operations for SharePoint on-premises or SharePoint Online
- Responsive package introduction at PnP Channel 9 video blog: Demonstrates how to use the available resources to make your on-premises SharePoint deployment responsive.
- Responsive UI package for SharePoint Online can be download from Responsive template in PnP partner pack for responsive UI for the SharePoint Online
Happy learning :)