Microsoft have informed during the MS Ignite sessions on SharePoint Admin center. As they told, now the new Admin center for SharePoint is available for First Release users.
Here, I’ll show you how to navigate between new modern look and classic look experience.
When we navigate to SharePoint admin center, it’ll show the classic experience by default. To navigate to new Admin center, follow the below steps,
How to navigate to New SharePoint Admin center:
Step 1: Open Office 365 Admin center https://portal.office.com/adminportal#/homepage
Step 2: Expand Admin Centers from left navigation
Step 3: Click SharePoint to open SharePoint Admin center
Step 4: Click Try the new SharePoint Admin center link on top right
Now you are in new modern SharePoint admin center
Navigate back to classic SharePoint Admin center
Step 1: Open new modern SharePoint Admin center
Step 2: Click Go to the classic SharePoint admin Center on bottom left corner to navigate to old admin center
You can also navigate between two admin centres using the below url,
Classic Admin Center:
Modern Admin Center:
- Responsive UI
- Files by activity type – Home page shows the Graphical representation of File Activities
- Total and active sites – Home page shows the Graphical representation of Site Usage
- Service Health – Shows the details on Service Health
- Message Center – shows the latest five updates from message center
- Create and view Modern site collections from Site Management
- Alter the Site Collections view in Site Management by sorting and modifying the views
- Enable us to create modern site collections
- Link to OneDrive Admin center
- Notification settings available to control the device notifications
- Single place to control the Lists & Libraries new or classic experience
- Now, Recycle bin is available to revert the deleted items across SharePoint tenant
- Responsiveness is not applied on left navigation
- Sometimes, Files by activity type and Total and active sites are not returning the charts and instead it displays “The data is not available right now”.
- There are lot of settings are missing in modern admin center, and we may expect to have additional settings in coming days.
This is the initial start for bringing the modern look to SharePoint admin center in office 365. And we have to wait for some time to have lot of admin capabilities to this new modern world. Stay tuned for upcoming features to the Admin center :)