SharePoint Online is going to get the new webparts for the modern pages. First Release Users will get the new or updated webparts before the end of December
|Trageted Users||First Release Customers|
|Starts on||Early Nov’17|
|Completes on||End of Dec’17|
|Targetted Platform||SharePoint Online|
Updated feature: Web parts on modern SharePoint Online pages
Published On : November 1, 2017
We’ll be releasing some of the new web parts for modern pages that we demoed at Ignite 2017.
You’ll begin seeing these features in the coming weeks.
This message is associated with Office 365 Roadmap ID’s: 16051, 21050, 21052, 21054, 24082.
How does this affect me?
These features include:
– A new large toolbox with categorization and search
– A new Microsoft Forms web part
– Page formatting web parts in spacer and divider
– Document web part gets renamed to File viewer and will now support 270+ file types
– Highlighted content now supports the most commonly used tokens (ME/TODAY +/- days
– People now supports a second descriptive layout
We’ll be gradually rolling this out to First Release customers in early November, and the roll out will be completed by the end of December.
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
There is nothing you need to do to prepare for this change.
More Information: New and updated web parts rolling out to SharePoint in Office 365